Medical Surgical I: Pharmacology
1. Mrs. T. calls the pediatrician’s office and asks whether she should give acetaminophen, aspirin, or ibuprofen to her child for a fever. Her son is 3 years old and weighs 40 lb. What should you suggest for her son, and what dosage?
2. Mr. Z. is starting therapy for gout and is now taking allopurinol. Discuss the teaching needs for this disease and medication, including dietary guidelines.
3. Rheumatoid arthritis has been diagnosed in Mrs. S., and she will be taking an NSAID as part of her therapy. What should be assessed before she starts this type of medication?
4. Mr. R. comes to the clinic complaining of hearing problems. He says he hears a “funny noise” all the time. During the assessment and history, you discover that he has been taking aspirin for joint pain for about 2 weeks. He cannot tell you how much but says he takes “three or four pills three or four times a day.” What is the proper dosage for aspirin? Is Mr. R. showing signs and symptoms of aspirin toxicity?
5. Mrs. R. calls the clinic to ask about her medications. She wants to use an OTC pain reliever for headaches, but she remembered that she needed to check with her physician because she is taking an oral anticoagulant. She has acetaminophen, ibuprofen, and aspirin products at home. What should you tell her?
A.R. is a 66-year-old male patient who comes to the clinic today with complaints of a painful big toe. Upon examination, the nurse notes that the toe is very red and swollen at the joint. A.R. advises the nurse not to touch his toe because it hurts so badly that he “cannot even wear a sock.” The nurse notes a significant decrease in the mobility of the big toe as well. A.R. has a history of ulcers, and the nurse notes that he consumes “several” alcoholic beverages each day. The physician sends A.R. to the laboratory for a uric acid level, and the results demonstrate a significant elevation. The physician makes a diagnosis of gouty arthritis and gives A.R. a prescription for febuxostat (Uloric) and colchicine.
What is the mechanism of action of colchicine, and how will this drug help A.R.?
What is the mechanism of action of febuxostat, and how will this drug help A.R.?
What side effects of febuxostat will the nurse teach the patient about?
Why Choose Us
Premium Quality Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional Assignment Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Timely Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
Customer Support 24/7
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Our Assignment Writing Help Services
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission and Business Papers
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Editing and Proofreading
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.